Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Custom erro handling ??

Custom erro handling ??

=?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Dear all,

I try to test and implement custom error feature by setting my web config
file as follow:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" Defaultredirect="MyErropage.aspx" />

Trying to redirect error to myErrorpage.aspx.

Then for testing I add a button on my form and when clicking that button I
generate a new exception with the Throw command.

Doing that I was expecting that my erro page will be displayed but instead I
have an untrap exception error.

What I am missing here, or does the fact of generating exception is not
consider as custom error ?

how to test it then

thnaks for your help
regards
serge

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=

"RemoteOnly", you are accessing locally, not remote.
Turn that to "On" and see what happens.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

"serge calderara" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I try to test and implement custom error feature by setting my web config
> file as follow:
>
> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" Defaultredirect="MyErropage.aspx" />
>
> Trying to redirect error to myErrorpage.aspx.
>
> Then for testing I add a button on my form and when clicking that button I
> generate a new exception with the Throw command.
>
> Doing that I was expecting that my erro page will be displayed but instead I
> have an untrap exception error.
>
> What I am missing here, or does the fact of generating exception is not
> consider as custom error ?
>
> how to test it then
>
> thnaks for your help
> regards
> serge

Global.asax application_error for global erro handling vikram ASP .Net 1 10-04-2006 02:05 PM
Erro no start pag tarcisio ASP .Net 1 12-28-2005 01:24 PM
Trouble Connecting to Airport Express network: "Out of Range" Erro =?Utf-8?B?Q29sbGlu?= Wireless Networking 1 12-05-2005 12:28 AM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.Parameters' denotes a 'property' where a 'method' was expected erro Patrick Olurotimi Ige ASP .Net 2 02-08-2005 11:22 AM
erro E_NOINTERFACE(0x80004002). TJS ASP .Net 1 12-20-2003 06:30 PM

Advertisments