Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help! How server side client to access the client's variable information ?

Help! How server side client to access the client's variable information ?

ABC

I don't how to handle the case as:

There is a webgrid which lists a table. When user select a row (not
immediate call back to server), then Click a button to call a server
request. I know the client side javascript to handle a row and save to a
variable. But the clicked button is server side, how to access the client's
variable?

Eliyahu Goldin

Store the variable in a hidden input control with runat="server".

Eliyahu

"ABC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't how to handle the case as:
>
> There is a webgrid which lists a table. When user select a row (not
> immediate call back to server), then Click a button to call a server
> request. I know the client side javascript to handle a row and save to a
> variable. But the clicked button is server side, how to access the

client's
> variable?

JuanCri

You can also use Ajax. Check here:

http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/c...e/default.aspx

Juan C. Olivares
www.juancri.com

intrader

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:48:18 +0800, ABC wrote:

> I don't how to handle the case as:
>
> There is a webgrid which lists a table. When user select a row (not
> immediate call back to server), then Click a button to call a server
> request. I know the client side javascript to handle a row and save to a
> variable. But the clicked button is server side, how to access the client's
> variable?

I believe that a selected index is available for the grid even if the
event causing the postback is a button click.

ABC

In fact, the WebGrid.NET has not any selected index on server side.

news(E-Mail Removed)...