Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > active x control

active x control

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

Hi,

Is it true that Microsoft is not really going to be supporting ActiveX much
in the future ?

And do I need my client to have the .NET framework installed on his pc
before hi can use my ActiveX ?

Thanks,
Andrew

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=

If you write a clientsided Ax control in .Net then yes, the client will need
the .Net redis/framework installed.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

"Andrew" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it true that Microsoft is not really going to be supporting ActiveX much
> in the future ?
>
> And do I need my client to have the .NET framework installed on his pc
> before hi can use my ActiveX ?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

Is it true that Microsoft is not really going to be supporting ActiveX much
in the future ?
future is rather vague. Plan on it being around for a couple more years.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]