Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > error message: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged."

error message: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged."

genc_ymeri

Hi,
We are a team of 4 using win2003 server (sp1) in our dev machines and VS2003
for our .Net web app. We did make a copy of our project (located to one
"hardwarely old" PC ) to our machines. All of us are getting the above error
in ths subject. Everything works fine in the original machine. (project name
is not the same neither include the any machine name).

We did read all MSDN article and others in our goold search.

We made sure that :

1. "Integrated Windows Authentication" checkbox is checked
2. "Http Keep Alives" is checked.
3. "User Authentication with current username and password" in security
settings in IE checked (beside this, we lowed the security level in other
settings just to make it run, unsucseful so far)
4. Of course the debug = "true" in the web configuration file.
5. We added our localhost (include computer names and/or IP) in trusted
sites
6. We did compare setting with the original machine and all of them were
excactly the same. (hope we haven't miss any one)
7. We did see the project settings and the debugging woth ASP.Net was set to
true.

We did try tons of other things they are recommended in google too but still
the entire team are stuck with this error.

Any help is very much appreciated !!!!!

PS:
1. To make it more intriging, I opened new project and I created a
HelloWorld web app it was fine. I opened another VS2003 studio and I tried
to run the first problematic project I had the same error. But when I got
back in my HelloWorld one, I got the same problem !!!!! pls help !!!!!

2.
Machine's info:

OS : win2003 ( and sp-s) and other available updates
..Net 1.1 Framework. & VS2003
RAM 1gb+ and plenty of free HDD

3. Full Error description
---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. The project is not configured to be debugged.

Click Help for more information.
---------------------------
OK Help
---------------------------

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

HI,

IIRC this is due the folder in the IIS webserver is not configured as an
APP

go to IIS , right click the dir and select create app

cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,
ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us

"genc_ymeri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
> We are a team of 4 using win2003 server (sp1) in our dev machines and
> VS2003 for our .Net web app. We did make a copy of our project (located
> to one "hardwarely old" PC ) to our machines. All of us are getting the
> above error in ths subject. Everything works fine in the original machine.
> (project name is not the same neither include the any machine name).
>
> We did read all MSDN article and others in our goold search.
>
> We made sure that :
>
> 1. "Integrated Windows Authentication" checkbox is checked
> 2. "Http Keep Alives" is checked.
> 3. "User Authentication with current username and password" in security
> settings in IE checked (beside this, we lowed the security level in other
> settings just to make it run, unsucseful so far)
> 4. Of course the debug = "true" in the web configuration file.
> 5. We added our localhost (include computer names and/or IP) in trusted
> sites
> 6. We did compare setting with the original machine and all of them were
> excactly the same. (hope we haven't miss any one)
> 7. We did see the project settings and the debugging woth ASP.Net was set
> to true.
>
> We did try tons of other things they are recommended in google too but
> still the entire team are stuck with this error.
>
> Any help is very much appreciated !!!!!
>

> PS:
> 1. To make it more intriging, I opened new project and I created a
> HelloWorld web app it was fine. I opened another VS2003 studio and I tried
> to run the first problematic project I had the same error. But when I got
> back in my HelloWorld one, I got the same problem !!!!! pls help !!!!!
>
> 2.
> Machine's info:
>
> OS : win2003 ( and sp-s) and other available updates
> .Net 1.1 Framework. & VS2003
> RAM 1gb+ and plenty of free HDD
>
> 3. Full Error description
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Development Environment
> Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
> server. The project is not configured to be debugged.
>
> Click Help for more information.
> OK Help

genc_ymeri

thanks
"Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us> wrote