Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Tables inside Firefix

Tables inside Firefix

mail@peter-ould.net

Having a problem with getting tables to look nice inside Firefox. Site www.anglican-mainstream.net
(created with Frontpage - yes, I know) looks great in IE but blocky in Firefox.
What's causing it?

Peter O

Roland

On 30-5-2005 11:35, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Having a problem with getting tables to look nice inside Firefox. Site
> www.anglican-mainstream.net (created with Frontpage - yes, I know) looks
> great in IE but blocky in Firefox. What's causing it?
>
> Peter O

In Firefox and other Gecko based browsers, the top margin of a <P>
element is defined to be 1em by default (an em is equal to the size of
the current font)

Define in the <style> section at the beginning of your page something like:

p {
margin-top: 1px;
}

--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

TheCroW

> Having a problem with getting tables to look nice inside Firefox.
> Site www.anglican-mainstream.net
> (created with Frontpage - yes, I know) looks great in IE but blocky in

Firefox.
> What's causing it?
>
> Peter O

What do you mean with "blocky"? I just looked at the page in both IE6 and in
Firefox 1.0.4 and the site almost looks the same in both browsers.

--
Menno
=====================

mail@peter-ould.net

Hello TheCroW,

>> Having a problem with getting tables to look nice inside Firefox.
>> Site www.anglican-mainstream.net
>> (created with Frontpage - yes, I know) looks great in IE but blocky
>> in

> Firefox.
>
>> What's causing it?
>>
>> Peter O
>>

> What do you mean with "blocky"? I just looked at the page in both IE6
> and in Firefox 1.0.4 and the site almost looks the same in both
> browsers.

I've used Roland's fix

Peter O