Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tree view questions - Can I have more than one root? Can I de-link the current node?

Tree view questions - Can I have more than one root? Can I de-link the current node?

Alan Silver

Hello,

I am just looking at the tree view control, which looks very good, but
has some apparent limitations. This could easily be my lack of
experience with it. Specifically, I have two questions...

1) I would like to have more than one root for the tree. Although this
may sound odd, it can be logical in certain cases. For example, I have
some e-commerce sites where the navigational links are split into two
sections, one containing general site links (home, shopping basket,
contact, etc) and one for the product catalogue. This helps separate the
product pages from the support pages, making it easier for visitors to
shop.

I would like to use a tree view control for the product catalogue links.
I don't want one single root link, I just want the top-level categories
listed, with subcategories listed below them. Can I do this?

2) Is it possible to have the current page rendered as plain text, not a
link? It does not make sense to offer a link to the page they are
already viewing, and having it as plain text makes it clearer where in
the tree view they are. I couldn't see any option to render the current
node as plain text instead of a link. Is there one?

TIA

--
Alan Silver

Patrick.O.Ige

Are you using the Treeview asp.net 1.1 or 2,0 version?
Patrick

"Alan Silver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am just looking at the tree view control, which looks very good, but
> has some apparent limitations. This could easily be my lack of
> experience with it. Specifically, I have two questions...
>
> 1) I would like to have more than one root for the tree. Although this
> may sound odd, it can be logical in certain cases. For example, I have
> some e-commerce sites where the navigational links are split into two
> sections, one containing general site links (home, shopping basket,
> contact, etc) and one for the product catalogue. This helps separate the
> product pages from the support pages, making it easier for visitors to
> shop.
>
> I would like to use a tree view control for the product catalogue links.
> I don't want one single root link, I just want the top-level categories
> listed, with subcategories listed below them. Can I do this?
>

> 2) Is it possible to have the current page rendered as plain text, not a
> link? It does not make sense to offer a link to the page they are
> already viewing, and having it as plain text makes it clearer where in
> the tree view they are. I couldn't see any option to render the current
> node as plain text instead of a link. Is there one?
>
> TIA
>

> --
> Alan Silver

Alan Silver

>Are you using the Treeview asp.net 1.1 or 2,0 version?

2.0, sorry forgot to mention. Actually, I didn't know the control had
changed between versions!!

--
Alan Silver

Alan Silver

Anyone have an answer here? Surely I'm not the only person using this
control?

--
Alan Silver