Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying "Please wait" image on button click for lengthy process

Displaying "Please wait" image on button click for lengthy process

Ben Fidge

Hi

Our app performs a quite lengthy process when the user clicks a button. We'd
like to display a little pop-up "Please Wait..." notification using an
animated gif.

How would I go about this?

Thanks

Ben

Juan T. Llibre

Check the 3rd chapter examples at :
http://www.daveandal.net/books/6744/samples.aspx

There's links to code for each example.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"Ben Fidge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Our app performs a quite lengthy process when the user clicks a button. We'd like to
> display a little pop-up "Please Wait..." notification using an animated gif.
>
> How would I go about this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben

Patrick.O.Ige

Ben you can also see :-
http://blogs.crsw.com/mark/articles/642.aspx
Patrick

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check the 3rd chapter examples at :
> http://www.daveandal.net/books/6744/samples.aspx
>
> There's links to code for each example.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
> ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================
> "Ben Fidge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > Our app performs a quite lengthy process when the user clicks a button.

We'd like to
> > display a little pop-up "Please Wait..." notification using an animated

gif.

> > How would I go about this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ben