Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and ebay

Firefox and ebay

Jive Dadson

Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.

Thin cue very much.

=?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

Jive Dadson wrote:
> Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
> with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
> just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
> It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.

Kant hep ya...it works okay here.

Moz Champion

ƒ®@nK panű©©I wrote:
> Jive Dadson wrote:
>
>> Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
>> with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
>> just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
>> It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.

> Kant hep ya...it works okay here.

Works fine here as well.

What do you mean wont load? Do you get an error message? And if so what
does it say?
Do you see anything in the status bar (bottom of the window)?
What happens when you click on http://www.ebay.com ?
Please be specific and note any details (such as status bar messages)
when doing so.

Colyn

On Sun, 29 May 2005 05:57:30 GMT, "Jive Dadson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
>with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
>just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
>It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.
>
>Thin cue very much.

I have no problem loading ebay with firefox. I was just there earlier
checking up on my auction..

I have found most problems related to page loading with firefox is
because the user did not have sun java installed..

--
Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng
http://www.colyngoodson.com

Jive Dadson wrote:
> Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
> with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
> just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
> It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> Thin cue very much.

I'm running into 3 or 4 pages a week that just refuse to load - they
either show a complete blank screen or cause an error and Firefox needs
to shut down. Of course, you lose _all_ your tabs when that happens.

This goes on for a couple of hours and the failure mode is repeatable.
Then, inexplicably, all is fine and the page will load. There are no
reboots in between, no log outs, no cache or cookie flushing, it just
starts working again. (This is FF 1.0.4 on XP Pro)

During the time that FF is unable to load them, they load fine in IE.

It seems to be an intermittent FF bug or some sort and it needs to be
fixed, but it'll be very hard to pin down.

Jive Dadson

"Jive Dadson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dRcme.11647$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
> with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
> just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might

be?
> It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> Thin cue very much.

The behavior: The red X lights up and the page goes blank. The
progress bar at the bottom goes to about 3/4, and then nothing else
happens. Firefox is alive, and if I click the red X, it aborts the
attempt as it should.

Lil' Abner

"Jive Dadson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dRcme.11647$uu5.5702
@fe05.news.easynews.com:

> Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
> with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
> just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
> It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.

I have 2000 Pro as a virtual machine. Just loaded it up and installed
Firefox (1.0.4) and was able to go to eBay, view items, feedback, etc.
No problems.
All I can suggest is uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

--
-- If FedEx and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP? --

John Thompson

On 2005-05-29, Jive Dadson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Firefox won't load www.ebay.com. Internet Exploder has no problem
> with it. Now I assume this is due to some evil conspiracy. But
> just in case it isn't, can anyone tell me what the trouble might be?
> It's Firefox 1.0.4, running under Windows 2000 Pro.

No problems here with FF-1.0.4 on either Win2k or linux.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Jive Dadson

Here are two more that exhibit the same behavior. I'll bet some
guru with too much time on his hands could figure out what they have
in common.

http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm

Moz Champion

Jive Dadson wrote:
> Here are two more that exhibit the same behavior. I'll bet some
> guru with too much time on his hands could figure out what they have
> in common.
>
> http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html2.htm

Same behaviour as what?
Please dont edit posts or snip them, doing so reduces the liklihood that
you will receive helpful answers.

The problem may be familiar to you (it is after all, YOUR problem <g>)
but it isnt familiar to others. You may have the time to re-read each
and every message in a thread to find out what the problem is, or whats
been asked, but others dont. I dont have the time available to me to
re-read the thousand posts made in this newgroup in the last week that
refer to ongoing problems.

I did have some time on my hands, that I was willing to donate to assist
with your problem, but since I had to re-read each and every message in
the thread (because of editing), I now no longer have the time do I?