Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > TBird separate address books

TBird separate address books

RogerB

I have 2 computers each of which use Thunderbird and each has their own
address book. When I use the laptop away from my desktop I would like to
have access to both address books without combining them into one. XP
Home on laptop and Pro on desktop both with SP2. How can I do that?
RogerB

Jefry

RogerB wrote:
> I have 2 computers each of which use Thunderbird and each has their own
> address book. When I use the laptop away from my desktop I would like to
> have access to both address books without combining them into one. XP
> Home on laptop and Pro on desktop both with SP2. How can I do that?
> RogerB

Very simple! Export the address books from each of their respective
sources; open the address book > 'Tools' > 'Export' > choose a name that
reflects the origin and save as ldif. Then simply import the address
book into your portable- open the address book in your laptop, then
'Tools' > 'Import' > 'Address Books' > 'Text file' > select the location
where you exported it to, and PRESTO! Each will have a name that
specifies its' source, and you will have access to them both! I use this
very method to keep my Tbird and webmail address books up to dat with
each other. Enjoy!

Using separate classpaths for separate classes? Frank Fredstone Java 1 06-27-2006 06:46 AM
Can I mograte my Agent message files to Tbird and then back again if Tbird disappoints?? chasm@TEXAS.net Firefox 3 12-14-2004 08:43 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
How to use several separate classes (separate files) to be executed in one class (another file) EvgueniB Java 1 12-15-2003 01:18 AM

Advertisments