Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > connection pooling

connection pooling

zhuang

Hi,

In article,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...taProvider.asp

It mentioned that connection pool is bound to connection string. But I
wonder what will happen if below setting is used:

1. sql connection string is
Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=northwind

2. In web.config, authentication mode="Windows", impersonate=true, no
username and password specifed.

If two different users access the web application, then even though sql
connection string appears to be the same, but sql server will give two
users access right based on different windows account, in this case,
will there be 1 connection pool or 2 connection pools?

I guess there will be 2 connection pools since different user
credentials are passed to create connection.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Karl Seguin

Yes, it's per-user connection pool in the case of impersonation.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"zhuang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> In article,
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...taProvider.asp
>
> It mentioned that connection pool is bound to connection string. But I
> wonder what will happen if below setting is used:
>
> 1. sql connection string is
> Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=northwind
>
> 2. In web.config, authentication mode="Windows", impersonate=true, no
> username and password specifed.
>
> If two different users access the web application, then even though sql
> connection string appears to be the same, but sql server will give two
> users access right based on different windows account, in this case,
> will there be 1 connection pool or 2 connection pools?
>
> I guess there will be 2 connection pools since different user
> credentials are passed to create connection.
>
> Do you have any ideas?
>
> Thanks

zhuang

Thanks Karl