Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla icon in task bar?

Mozilla icon in task bar?

William W. Plummer

The little Mozilla icon in the task bar has disappeared. I really like
that because I can right-click on it and get to mail or browser
directly. How can I get it back? I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 .

Arne

Once upon a time *William W. Plummer* wrote:
> The little Mozilla icon in the task bar has disappeared. I really like
> that because I can right-click on it and get to mail or browser
> directly. How can I get it back? I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 .

I guess you are talking about the Quick launch icon in the SysTray (in
the left next to the clock)?

If so, go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced and check it.

The icons in the SysTray is in my opinion not to be used as shortcut's
to programs. But you can set a normal shortcut to the right side of
the task bar. Just drag and drop the shortcut from the screen.

--
/Arne

are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
quote signatures, thank you.

William W. Plummer

Arne wrote:
> Once upon a time *William W. Plummer* wrote:
>
>>The little Mozilla icon in the task bar has disappeared. I really like
>>that because I can right-click on it and get to mail or browser
>>directly. How can I get it back? I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 .

> I guess you are talking about the Quick launch icon in the SysTray (in
> the left next to the clock)?
>
> If so, go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced and check it.
>
> The icons in the SysTray is in my opinion not to be used as shortcut's
> to programs. But you can set a normal shortcut to the right side of
> the task bar. Just drag and drop the shortcut from the screen.

That was the clue I needed. "Keep Mozilla in memory" is what controls
the icon. Thanks.