Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Visited links indicator not working

Visited links indicator not working

Dave \Doc\ Corio

Please forgive this "noob" question!

On the "main" page of a website, the links I use turn to the color of
the "visited" links as they should.

However, on pages further into the same website, visited links remain
the same color as links that haven't been viewed.

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?

Thanks in advance!

Ed Mullen

Dave "Doc" Corio wrote:

> Please forgive this "noob" question!
>
> On the "main" page of a website, the links I use turn to the color of
> the "visited" links as they should.
>
> However, on pages further into the same website, visited links remain
> the same color as links that haven't been viewed.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?
>
> Thanks in advance!

This could happen if your preferences are set to use the colors defined
by the Web site's author and they have mis-coded the link coloring on
some pages.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Dave \Doc\ Corio

I should have mentioned that with MS Internet Explorer, this site
behaves in the "normal" fashion.

Thanks!

Ed Mullen wrote:
>> On the "main" page of a website, the links I use turn to the color of
>> the "visited" links as they should.
>>
>> However, on pages further into the same website, visited links remain
>> the same color as links that haven't been viewed.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

> This could happen if your preferences are set to use the colors defined
> by the Web site's author and they have mis-coded the link coloring on
> some pages.

Or if you've disabled/deleted browser history.

Tools > Options > Privacy > History

How many days do you Firefox set to remember?

Dave \Doc\ Corio

Z wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>>> On the "main" page of a website, the links I use turn to the color of
>>> the "visited" links as they should.
>>>
>>> However, on pages further into the same website, visited links remain
>>> the same color as links that haven't been viewed.
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!

>> This could happen if your preferences are set to use the colors
>> defined by the Web site's author and they have mis-coded the link
>> coloring on some pages.

> Or if you've disabled/deleted browser history.
>
> Tools > Options > Privacy > History
>
> How many days do you Firefox set to remember?

It is set for 20 days.