Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened.

Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened.

peter.freeborn@halliburton.com

I am using RTM on Windows 2003

I have been trying to encrypt the connection string in the Web config
with the following command line on the web server

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet _regiis -pe
connectionStrings

-app / -site dev-emts

The Application is in the root hence the "/"

The site is called dev-emts

It works for a while.

But for no reason I can see it seems some cached value or somthing is
expiring then no one can get in and it throws the following error...

Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider
'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider:
The RSA key container could not be opened.

Source Error:

Line 11: <appSettings/>
Line 12: <connectionStrings
configProtectionProvider="RsaProtectedConfiguratio nProvider">
Line 13: <EncryptedData
Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element"
Line 14: xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
Line 15: <EncryptionMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc" />

Source File: D:\websites\stg-emts\web.config Line: 13

I can not find anything about this error any help please would be
LOVED!!!