Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Turn off security warning?

Turn off security warning?

Captain Infinity

One of my ISP's has a webmail login where, every time I log in, I get the
following security warning:
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/image...ty_warning.jpg

Of course, I have to hit "continue" every time if I want to read my
email. Naturally, this got old very quickly.

Is there any way of turning this warning off? Or of adding the URL to a
whitelist so the browser knows it's OK to continue? I've looked through
the security settings in Tools-Options but I can't find anything that
relates to encryption.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.4. Any help would be appreciated.

**
Captain Infinity

Gervase Markham

Captain Infinity wrote:
> Is there any way of turning this warning off?

I don't believe it's possible to turn this warning off, as it's a
significant risk. Get your ISP to fix their webmail system to not send
your login information unencrypted.

Gerv

Gervase Markham wrote:
>> Is there any way of turning this warning off?

> I don't believe it's possible to turn this warning off, as it's a
> significant risk. Get your ISP to fix their webmail system to not send
> your login information unencrypted.

It's not broken and in many cases, it's not a significant risk.