Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Grouped grid? Or grid within datalist?

Grouped grid? Or grid within datalist?

Danny Tuppeny

Hi all,

I've got two tables, Tour and Gig. The Gig table has a TourID, to give a
one-many relationship. I'm currently displaying a whole list of Gigs without
tours, but I'd like to display it like:

Tour 1
Gig 1 date
Gig 2 date
Tour 2
Gig 3 date
Gig 4 date
Gig 5 date
Gig 6 date
Tour 3
Gig 7 date
Gig 8 date

Something like the Group options on a WinForms ListView. Is this possible? I
tried moving the grid into a datalist, but then figured I can't set the
SqlDataSource differently for each instance of the grid.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=

Hi Will,

Take a look at 2 examples I have:
1- http://www.societopia.net/Samples/Da...Hierarchy.aspx
2- http://www.societopia.net/Samples/Da...Hierarchy.aspx
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams

"Danny Tuppeny" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got two tables, Tour and Gig. The Gig table has a TourID, to give a
> one-many relationship. I'm currently displaying a whole list of Gigs without
> tours, but I'd like to display it like:
>
> Tour 1
> Gig 1 date
> Gig 2 date
> Tour 2
> Gig 3 date
> Gig 4 date
> Gig 5 date
> Gig 6 date
> Tour 3
> Gig 7 date
> Gig 8 date
>
> Something like the Group options on a WinForms ListView. Is this possible? I
> tried moving the grid into a datalist, but then figured I can't set the
> SqlDataSource differently for each instance of the grid.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,

Grid within a Grid ItemDataBound event problem Girish ASP .Net 4 07-19-2005 01:17 AM
Datagrid with grouped data mj ASP .Net 1 07-17-2005 10:06 AM
Can hidden controls be grouped and posted together? Ken Adams HTML 1 03-19-2005 09:44 PM
How to edit records in a grid that's within a grid Iams ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 03-17-2005 06:41 PM
Creating new subtotal nodes grouped by 2 values J. T. XML 0 08-11-2004 04:05 PM

Advertisments