Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > message window settings

message window settings

nobody

Do any of you out there know where the settings for the mail/news
message windows are stored? Every now and then I will need to reset
the message window size as well as reselect the columns I would like to
display such as junk status, lines, sender etc. I am not sure what
causes this to be necessary but it sure would be easier if I could just
make a backup of the file that stores the configuration and restore it
when it all goes bad again. I thought I had it with the '.mft' files
but that didn't seem to work. Any advice will be truly appreciated.
BTW, I am using Mozilla 1.7.3.

Dennis

Jan Steffen

nobody schrieb:
> Do any of you out there know where the settings for the mail/news
> message windows are stored? Every now and then I will need to reset
> the message window size as well as reselect the columns I would like to
> display such as junk status, lines, sender etc. I am not sure what
> causes this to be necessary but it sure would be easier if I could just
> make a backup of the file that stores the configuration and restore it
> when it all goes bad again. I thought I had it with the '.mft' files
> but that didn't seem to work. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

Me guess: localstore.rdf
Also stores other GUI settings (theme etc), but nothing really
important. I delete it sometimes, it gets recreated with default
settings.

> BTW, I am using Mozilla 1.7.3.

Think about upgrading to 1.7.8

HTH, Jan

nobody

Jan Steffen wrote:

> nobody schrieb:
>> Do any of you out there know where the settings for the mail/news
>> message windows are stored? Every now and then I will need to
>> reset the message window size as well as reselect the columns I
>> would like to display such as junk status, lines, sender etc. I
>> am not sure what causes this to be necessary but it sure would be
>> easier if I could just make a backup of the file that stores the
>> configuration and restore it when it all goes bad again. I
>> thought I had it with the '.mft' files but that didn't seem to
>> work. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

> Me guess: localstore.rdf
> Also stores other GUI settings (theme etc), but nothing really
> important. I delete it sometimes, it gets recreated with default
> settings.
>
>> BTW, I am using Mozilla 1.7.3.

> Think about upgrading to 1.7.8

I think I finally got it down to localstore.rdf as you suggest.
Thanks for the thought. I will probably go to 1.7.8 after it is out
for a bit. I hear there are some problems with extensions and I am
not having any trouble with 1.7.3. Well, except for this one window
issue

Dennis