Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > unable to open pdf document in iframe in IE for a secure site.

unable to open pdf document in iframe in IE for a secure site.

lak

Hi,

I am unable to view the pdf document in IFrame when the site is
secured(https). I am able to view the page correctly if i use Netscape
or firefox but not IE 6.0

In IE, I get a dialogue box to download Adobe acrobat control for
ActiveX with options to open/save/cancel. If I click open/save, i get
the error "internet explorer could not download from the site".
I am setting the src of the iframe initially to an existant blank page
and then resetting the src to the page which generates the PDF document
later in the code.

The pdf document is generated using reporting services.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.