Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

Response.Buffer vs. Response.BufferOutput

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

Could someone please explain the practical differences between
Response.Buffer and Response.BufferOutput?

TIA,
--
Joe

VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation

Karl Seguin

There is none.

Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput

public bool Buffer
{
get
{
return this.BufferOutput;
}
set
{
this.BufferOutput = value;
}
}

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could someone please explain the practical differences between
> Response.Buffer and Response.BufferOutput?
>
> TIA,
> --
> Joe
>
> VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

Thanks Karl. Then why have two?
--

"Karl Seguin" wrote:

> There is none.
>
> Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput
>
> public bool Buffer
> {
> get
> {
> return this.BufferOutput;
> }
> set
> {
> this.BufferOutput = value;
> }
> }
>

> Karl
>
> --
> MY ASP.Net tutorials
> http://www.openmymind.net/
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Could someone please explain the practical differences between
> > Response.Buffer and Response.BufferOutput?
> >
> > TIA,
> > --
> > Joe
> >
> > VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation

Patrice

The first thing that comes to my mind would be legacy support for ASP
(Buffer) and one made "clearer" (BufferOutput else it could be thought as
being the underlying buffer).
--
Patrice

"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Karl. Then why have two?
> --
> Joe
>
> VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation
>

> "Karl Seguin" wrote:
>
> > There is none.
> >
> > Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput
> >
> > public bool Buffer
> > {
> > get
> > {
> > return this.BufferOutput;
> > }
> > set
> > {
> > this.BufferOutput = value;
> > }
> > }
> >

> > Karl
> >
> > --
> > MY ASP.Net tutorials
> > http://www.openmymind.net/
> > "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Could someone please explain the practical differences between
> > > Response.Buffer and Response.BufferOutput?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > --
> > > Joe
> > >
> > > VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation

Karl Seguin

Probably

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/
"Patrice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OxMtL$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The first thing that comes to my mind would be legacy support for ASP
> (Buffer) and one made "clearer" (BufferOutput else it could be thought as
> being the underlying buffer).
> --
> Patrice
>
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks Karl. Then why have two?
>> --
>> Joe
>>
>> VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation
>>

>> "Karl Seguin" wrote:
>>
>> > There is none.
>> >
>> > Response.Buffer relies on Response.BufferOutput
>> >
>> > public bool Buffer
>> > {
>> > get
>> > {
>> > return this.BufferOutput;
>> > }
>> > set
>> > {
>> > this.BufferOutput = value;
>> > }
>> > }
>> >

>> > Karl
>> >
>> > --
>> > MY ASP.Net tutorials
>> > http://www.openmymind.net/
>> > "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Vadivel Kumar

Actually, the Response.Buffer is for backward compatibility for previous versions of .NET, otherwise both are doing the same job.

But, you can use Response.BufferOutput.