Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Sorting a dataset displayed using a repeater

Sorting a dataset displayed using a repeater

Andrew Chalk

I am displaying a dataset using a Repeater. I would like to allow the user
to click on a column header and have the data sort by that column. How do I
go about this?

Does anyone know of any example code?

Many thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

You will have to hand code this functionality, as there is no built in
mechanism, like the DataGrid.

To do so, the easiest method is link buttons in the header template that
have the field name and then resorting the DataTable in that order.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

"Andrew Chalk" wrote:

> I am displaying a dataset using a Repeater. I would like to allow the user
> to click on a column header and have the data sort by that column. How do I
> go about this?
>
> Does anyone know of any example code?
>
> Many thanks.

Patrick.O.Ige

Andrew there ia an example here at:-
Hope that helps
Patrick

"Andrew Chalk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am displaying a dataset using a Repeater. I would like to allow the user
> to click on a column header and have the data sort by that column. How do

> go about this?
>
> Does anyone know of any example code?
>
> Many thanks.

Andrew Chalk

Thanks. In that case can I get the advantage of Repeater (in this case
formatting of the data in each column) in a datagrid?

Andrew

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You will have to hand code this functionality, as there is no built in
> mechanism, like the DataGrid.
>
> To do so, the easiest method is link buttons in the header template that
> have the field name and then resorting the DataTable in that order.
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
>
> ***************************
> Think Outside the Box!
> ***************************
>

> "Andrew Chalk" wrote:
>
>> I am displaying a dataset using a Repeater. I would like to allow the
>> user
>> to click on a column header and have the data sort by that column. How do
>> go about this?
>>
>> Does anyone know of any example code?
>>
>> Many thanks.

Andrew Chalk