Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > tabstrip/multipage

tabstrip/multipage

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=

Hello

I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the way
this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.

I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can only
find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate any
examples or insight.

Thanks

Mardy

Patrick.O.Ige

have you tried using the selectedindexchanged .
But you have to set Autopostback ="true" and remember the tabstrip index
starts from "0"
Hope that helps
Patrick

"Mardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the

way
> this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.
>
> I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can

only
> find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
> disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate

any
> examples or insight.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mardy

Patrick.O.Ige

For example
If YourTab.SelectedIndex = 0 Then
tsHoriz.Items(0).Enabled = True
tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
End If
Hope this helps
Patrick

"Mardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the

way
> this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.
>
> I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can

only
> find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
> disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate

any
> examples or insight.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mardy

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=

Patrick Thanks

I'm using the tabstip as a series of input screens to capture information,
Once the process is complete, I need to hide one of the tabs. So I'd like to
hide an entire tab dynamically from the code behind if the status of the
record is "approved".

I tried using the example you gave but had no success.

"Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:

> For example
> If YourTab.SelectedIndex = 0 Then
> tsHoriz.Items(0).Enabled = True
> tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
> End If
> Hope this helps
> Patrick
>
> "Mardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello
> >
> > I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the

> way
> > this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.
> >
> > I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can

> only
> > find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
> > disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate

> any
> > examples or insight.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mardy

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=

I think I got it

Aspx page:
<iewc:tabstrip id="tsHoriz" runat="server" >
<iewc:Tab Text="Assessment Details" id="tab0"></iewc:Tab>
<iewc:TabSeparator id="ts0"></iewc:TabSeparator>
<iewc:Tab Text="Allocate Requirements" id="tab1"></iewc:Tab>
<iewc:TabSeparator id="ts1"></iewc:TabSeparator>
<iewc:Tab Text="Results" id="tab2"></iewc:Tab>
<iewc:TabSeparator id="ts2"></iewc:TabSeparator>
<iewc:Tab Text=" Design Comments" id="tab3"></iewc:Tab>
<iewc:TabSeparator id="ts3"></iewc:TabSeparator>
<iewc:Tab Text="Attachments" id="tab4"></iewc:Tab>
<iewc:TabSeparator DefaultStyle="width:100%;"></iewc:TabSeparator>
<iewc:multipage id="mpHoriz" ...>
<iewcageView id="p0">...
</iewcageView>
<iewcageView id="p1">...
</iewcageView>
</iewc:multipage>

code behind:
Protected tab0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
Protected ts0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
Protected tab1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
Protected ts1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
Protected tab2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
Protected ts2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
Protected tab3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
Protected ts3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
Protected tab4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
Protected p0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
Protected p1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
Protected p2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
Protected p3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
Protected p4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView

'in my sub that checks status of the current record.
tsHoriz.Items.Remove(tab1)
tsHoriz.Items.Remove(ts1)
mpHoriz.Controls.Remove(p1)

Mardy

"Mardy" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the way
> this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.
>
> I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can only
> find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
> disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate any
> examples or insight.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mardy

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=

One final note

This gets me close BUT if I have a postback anywhere in the tabstrip page,
I get a nasty viewstate error. This is apparently due to the removal of the
mutipage item.

"Mardy" wrote:

> I think I got it
>
> Aspx page:
> <iewc:tabstrip id="tsHoriz" runat="server" >
> <iewc:Tab Text="Assessment Details" id="tab0"></iewc:Tab>
> <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts0"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> <iewc:Tab Text="Allocate Requirements" id="tab1"></iewc:Tab>
> <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts1"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> <iewc:Tab Text="Results" id="tab2"></iewc:Tab>
> <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts2"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> <iewc:Tab Text=" Design Comments" id="tab3"></iewc:Tab>
> <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts3"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> <iewc:Tab Text="Attachments" id="tab4"></iewc:Tab>
> <iewc:TabSeparator DefaultStyle="width:100%;"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> <iewc:multipage id="mpHoriz" ...>
> <iewcageView id="p0">...
> </iewcageView>
> <iewcageView id="p1">...
> </iewcageView>
> </iewc:multipage>
>
> code behind:
> Protected tab0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> Protected ts0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> Protected tab1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> Protected ts1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> Protected tab2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> Protected ts2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> Protected tab3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> Protected ts3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> Protected tab4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> Protected p0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> Protected p1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> Protected p2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> Protected p3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> Protected p4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
>

> 'in my sub that checks status of the current record.
> tsHoriz.Items.Remove(tab1)
> tsHoriz.Items.Remove(ts1)
> mpHoriz.Controls.Remove(p1)
>
> Mardy
>

> "Mardy" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the way
> > this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.
> >
> > I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can only
> > find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
> > disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate any
> > examples or insight.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mardy

Patrick.O.Ige

Try using :- tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
There were some issues when i worked with the TABSTRIP but can't really
recall now.
Let me know if that doesn;t work and i''ll get back to you.
> [...]

> > Protected p3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> > Protected p4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> >

> > 'in my sub that checks status of the current record.
> > tsHoriz.Items.Remove(tab1)
> > tsHoriz.Items.Remove(ts1)
> > mpHoriz.Controls.Remove(p1)
> >
> > Mardy
> >

> > "Mardy" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like

the way
> > > this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a

postback.

> > > I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can

only
> > > find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to

hide or
> > > disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=

Tried that without success

"Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:

> Try using :- tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
> There were some issues when i worked with the TABSTRIP but can't really
> recall now.
> Let me know if that doesn;t work and i''ll get back to you.
> Patrick
>

> "Mardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > One final note
> >
> > This gets me close BUT if I have a postback anywhere in the tabstrip

> page,
> > I get a nasty viewstate error. This is apparently due to the removal of

> the
> > mutipage item.
> >

> > "Mardy" wrote:
> >
> > > I think I got it
> > >
> > > Aspx page:
> > > <iewc:tabstrip id="tsHoriz" runat="server" >
> > > <iewc:Tab Text="Assessment Details" id="tab0"></iewc:Tab>
> > > <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts0"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> > > <iewc:Tab Text="Allocate Requirements" id="tab1"></iewc:Tab>
> > > <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts1"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> > > <iewc:Tab Text="Results" id="tab2"></iewc:Tab>
> > > <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts2"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> > > <iewc:Tab Text=" Design Comments" id="tab3"></iewc:Tab>
> > > <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts3"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> > > <iewc:Tab Text="Attachments" id="tab4"></iewc:Tab>
> > > <iewc:TabSeparator DefaultStyle="width:100%;"></iewc:TabSeparator>
> > > <iewc:multipage id="mpHoriz" ...>
> > > <iewcageView id="p0">...
> > > </iewcageView>
> > > <iewcageView id="p1">...
> > > </iewcageView>
> > > </iewc:multipage>
> > >
> > > code behind:
> > > Protected tab0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> > > Protected ts0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> > > Protected tab1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> > > Protected ts1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> > > Protected tab2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> > > Protected ts2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> > > Protected tab3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> > > Protected ts3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
> > > Protected tab4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
> > > Protected p0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> > > Protected p1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> > > Protected p2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> > > Protected p3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> > > Protected p4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
> > >

> > > 'in my sub that checks status of the current record.
> > > tsHoriz.Items.Remove(tab1)
> > > tsHoriz.Items.Remove(ts1)
> > > mpHoriz.Controls.Remove(p1)
> > >
> > > Mardy

> the way

> postback.

> only

> hide or

> appreciate any

Patrick.O.Ige

Will get back to you
Patrick

"Mardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tried that without success
>
> "Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:
>
> > Try using :- tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
> > There were some issues when i worked with the TABSTRIP but can't really
> > recall now.
> > Let me know if that doesn;t work and i''ll get back to you.
> > Patrick
> >

> > "Mardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > One final note
> > >
> > > This gets me close BUT if I have a postback anywhere in the tabstrip

> > page,
> > > I get a nasty viewstate error. This is apparently due to the removal

of
> > the
> > > mutipage item.

like
> > the way

> > postback.

can
> > only

> > hide or

> > appreciate any

Patrick.O.Ige

Mardy..
This should guide you with the Tabstrip:-
http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tutorials.aspx?id=28