Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > dll does not represent a strongly named assembly

dll does not represent a strongly named assembly

=?Utf-8?B?ZG90bmV0dGVzdGVy?=

Hi,

Problem aquiring a PublicKeyToken while deploying a webpart.

I created a .snk file through sn and added it to the project and then I
edited the assemblyInfo.cs to
[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("..\\..\\mywebpart.snk")

and rebuilt the project. It got the project rebuilt and I had no problem.

But when I tried sn -T to get the PublicKeyToken to edit( <SafeControl> in
web.config) I got the following error at cmd prompt.

mywebpart.dll does not represent a strongly named assembly..

I have no clue what to do next? any clue?