Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Programmatically controlling IE from asp.net

Programmatically controlling IE from asp.net

Neil

I'm not sure where I should be asking this question but this seemed as good
a starting point as any.

I will shortly be building a asp.net application using v2 of the .net
framework.

I want to know how I can programmatically customize the browser (it will
only be IE that is used) to remove things like the Standard Buttons bar.

I've tried looking in various news groups and searching in Google but am
obviously not typing in the right stuff

Can anyone shed some light on where I should look?

Thanks

Neil

Michel de Becdelièvre

"Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want to know how I can programmatically customize the browser (it will
> only be IE that is used) to remove things like the Standard Buttons bar.

That's because you are not looking at the right place, that's not an Asp.Net
question, that's a JavaScript question.

For new windows (pop ups) :
var ouverte = window.open( url_cible, '', 'toolbar=no, location=no,
directories=no, status=yes, menubar=false, width=1012, height=690,
resizable=yes' );

Bruce Barker

you can't anymore do to security reasons. if you really need this feature,
you will have to create your own custom browser that your users download and
run. you can create one using the web browser control.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure where I should be asking this question but this seemed as
> good
> a starting point as any.
>
> I will shortly be building a asp.net application using v2 of the .net
> framework.
>
> I want to know how I can programmatically customize the browser (it will
> only be IE that is used) to remove things like the Standard Buttons bar.
>
> I've tried looking in various news groups and searching in Google but am
> obviously not typing in the right stuff
>
> Can anyone shed some light on where I should look?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

Sebastian Wojciechowski

exactly only in JavsScript, take a look at this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ods/open_0.asp

or better, about window object in JS
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...obj_window.asp

news:(E-Mail Removed)...