Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and Adobe Acrobat (not Reader)

Firefox and Adobe Acrobat (not Reader)

David Roy

Hi all

A friend of mine is having trouble with PDFs in Firefox. We are both
using Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard (not the Reader, but the program you
pay for). It works fine for me. When I click on a PDF link, it
starts Acrobat and loads the PDF in the browser window. When I try
and leave the page, it tells me that there is a PDF loaded and leaving
the page will close Acrobat. No problem.

My friend, however, has the program crash. We have to CTRL+ALT+DEL
out of both Acrobat and Mozilla before it starts working normally
again. I've compared our settings in both Acrobat and Firefox, and
they both look the same. The plug-in page has Acrobat as the listed
plug-in for reading PDFs. I can't seem to find what would be causing
his to crash when mine isn't. We're also using the exact same
operating system. This also happens when he clicks on a link in an
email. Changing his default browser back to IE fixes the crash
problem, which tells me it's something to do with the configuration
between Acrobat and Firefox.

I've read about problems with Acrobat Reader and Firefox, but are
there any known problems with Acrobat and Firefox?

Dave