Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE Developer Toolbar Beta - might be interesting...

IE Developer Toolbar Beta - might be interesting...

Juan T. Llibre

Overview

The IE Developer Toolbar provides several features for deeply exploring and understanding Web pages.

-- Explore and modify the document object model (DOM) of a web page.
-- Locate and select specific elements on a web page through a variety of techniques.
-- Selectively disable Internet Explorer settings.
-- View HTML object class names, ID's, and details such as link paths, tab index values, and access keys.
-- Outline tables, table cells, images, or selected tags.
-- Validate HTML, CSS, WAI, and RSS web feed links.
-- Display image dimensions, file sizes, path information, and alternate (ALT) text.
-- Immediately resize the browser window to 800x600 or a custom size.
-- Selectively clear the browser cache and saved cookies. Choose from all objects or those associated with a given domain.
-- Choose direct links to W3C specification references, the Internet Explorer team weblog (blog), and other resources.
-- Display a fully featured design ruler to help accurately align objects on your pages.

The Developer Toolbar can be pinned to the Internet Explorer browser window or floated separately.

Sounds good...

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================

S. Justin Gengo

Juan,

I agree, I posted that this was available a few weeks ago and I've been using it since. There are a lot of nice features to it and I've found it to be very handy. However another person here in the forums said that he received errors while using it and so it should be stressed that this is a beta product. (I had forgotten to mention that it's beta when I fist posted about it. Of course it says that it's beta nice and big on the download page...)

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
"Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eMSsNZ$(E-Mail Removed)...

[...]

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,

Microsoft Fiddler ( http://www.fiddlertool.com/Fiddler/v...sp?ver=0.9.9.0 ) is excellent also for really figuring out what is going on behind the scenes. You can also snag .js files to see how the script works. Ken.

--
Ken Dopierala Jr.
For great ASP.Net web hosting try:

I forgot. TamperIE ( http://www.bayden.com/Other/ ) is awesome too. It's great for testing your pages with multiple values real fast, faster than "edit & continue". Great for identifying possible security exploits too. Just don't do anything bad with it. ;-} Ken.