Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > excel sheet in webpage

excel sheet in webpage

Narshe

Is there a way to have an excel sheet inside a web page? I don't mean
have it prompt for open or save, then open in the browser, but an
actual mini excel sheet that can be edited. Maybe through activex
somehow.

I've been searching and haven't really found much info on this.

Narshe

I've found a way to get an excel sheet in a web page....

<object classid="CLSID:0002E510-0000-0000-C000-000000000046">
<param name="DisplayTitleBar" value="false">
</object>

How do I retrieve data from the object now?

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

These objects are part of the Microsoft Office Web Components tools suite.
The suite is a free download from Microsoft Office website. There are 3
versions. The latest book on the subject is listed below.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

"Narshe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've found a way to get an excel sheet in a web page....
>
> <object classid="CLSID:0002E510-0000-0000-C000-000000000046">
> <param name="DisplayTitleBar" value="false">
> </object>
>
> How do I retrieve data from the object now?

Narshe

I actually figured out how to get the data out from a post of yours I
found from 2004 sometime....

Is there an easy way to take CSVDATA strings and convert that into a
..net datatable or something of the sort?

Kevin Spencer

Assuming that these are in files, you can use the OleDbProvider, and the
driver for text documents. The ConnectionString would look something like
this:

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\txtFilesFolder\;Extended
Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited"""
(Courtesy of http://www.connectionstrings.com)

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

"Narshe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I actually figured out how to get the data out from a post of yours I
> found from 2004 sometime....
>
> Is there an easy way to take CSVDATA strings and convert that into a
> .net datatable or something of the sort?

Narshe

Thanks for the reply.

It's not in a file, it'll be in a string. I've actually made a
CsvToDataTable method to remedy my issue. I was hoping there was a more
elegant way.