Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Style Sheets

Style Sheets

Jerry Camel

Perhaps this is a real newbie question, but...

A new web project in VS gives you a file called Styles.css. I wanted to
define a style for labels of input fields. So I created a new class in
Styles.css called .InputLabel and defined the attributes. I set the table
cells to use that class, but the formatting doesn't kick in. How do you get
the style sheets to work. Obvioulsy there is a step or two that I'm
missing. Thanks.
(Is there a place where you are supposed to tell the page what style.css
file to use?)

Jerry

Karl Seguin

Well, you need to specify the styles.css in your head element like any other
stylesheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />

Karl
--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/
"Jerry Camel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ePqcT0%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Perhaps this is a real newbie question, but...
>
> A new web project in VS gives you a file called Styles.css. I wanted to
> define a style for labels of input fields. So I created a new class in
> Styles.css called .InputLabel and defined the attributes. I set the table
> cells to use that class, but the formatting doesn't kick in. How do you
> get
> the style sheets to work. Obvioulsy there is a step or two that I'm
> missing. Thanks.
> (Is there a place where you are supposed to tell the page what style.css
> file to use?)
>
> Jerry

Jerry Camel

Got it... I'm new to style sheets...

So why do they give you a default style sheet if they don't include the link
info in the default web form?

Thanks.

Jerry

wrote in message news:%23L8zWC$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, you need to specify the styles.css in your head element like any

other
> stylesheet:
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />
>
> Karl
> --
> MY ASP.Net tutorials
> http://www.openmymind.net/
> "Jerry Camel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ePqcT0%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Perhaps this is a real newbie question, but...
> >
> > A new web project in VS gives you a file called Styles.css. I wanted to
> > define a style for labels of input fields. So I created a new class in
> > Styles.css called .InputLabel and defined the attributes. I set the

table
> > cells to use that class, but the formatting doesn't kick in. How do you
> > get
> > the style sheets to work. Obvioulsy there is a step or two that I'm
> > missing. Thanks.
> > (Is there a place where you are supposed to tell the page what style.css
> > file to use?)
> >
> > Jerry

Karl Seguin

Dunno. You can change the template though..

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/