Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot create project in Windows Server 2003

Cannot create project in Windows Server 2003

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjayBH?=

I've been trying to create a new web application project in Visual Studio
2003 running on a Windows Server 2003.
I get the message Window titled Web Access Failed

The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at http://localhost/NewWebPage cannot be opened witht he path
'G:\Zoning\NewWebPage' the error returned was:

Unable to create Web project 'NewWebPage'. The file path
'G:\Zoning\NewWebPage' does not correspond to the URL
'http://localhost/NewWebPage'. The two need to map to the same server
location. HTTP Error 404: Not Found

What would you like to do?
Retry using a different file share path
Location G:\Zoning\NewWebPage
or
Try to open the project with FronPage Server Extensions.

I create projects in the past, but now I can't do anything. I've tried
everything I could find, but without success.

Help!

S. Justin Gengo

Jack,

It sounds as if the virtual directory on the server is not created as a
website.

If the directory is still listed in IIS right click it's folder and choose
properties. Then click the "Create" button you'll see there.

If the folder isn't there at all you'll need to create a virtual site named:
NewWebPage and point it to the G:\Zoning\NewWebPage folder.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer