Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Truly Sign out a user

Truly Sign out a user

Chris Kettenbach

Good morning all, Happy Friday!

We have an ASP.net app. There is a sign out button which effectively signs
a user out. A bug however is when the user clicks the back button; they can
see the values from their last session. We would like to blank these out.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Tod Birdsall, MCSD for .NET

Hi Chris,

Check out the following newsgroup thread that addresses your question:

http://tinyurl.com/dup3n

Tod Birdsall, MCSD for .NET
blog: http://tod1d.blogspot.com

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

How about if you kill the session (Session.Abandon) and the redirect them to
the troublesome page. When the troublesome page loads, detect the redirect
and clear all the values.

That way, the version of the page stored by the browser for the Back button
will be clean.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...