Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Upgrade from aspnet 1.1 to aspnet 2.0

Upgrade from aspnet 1.1 to aspnet 2.0

Gary Nelson

Has anyone been able to do this?

I gave it a try with a rather large project and it completely made a mess of
the whole project.

Any sugestions?

Gary

Bruce Barker

my sample (~700 files) project upgraded fine. no coding changes required.

what i did.

1) checked lastest code out from source control.
2) unbound all projects from source control (so i would not mess up current
code base)
3) made all files read/write (so the migration would work.)
4) opened each proj in win2005 rc and ran convert.

i built all libraries first then converted the asp.net dirs.

extra:

1) built a new version of nunit under vs 2005
2) ran all unit tests (passed)

whats left

1) converting nant scripts to vs2005
2) converting auto build programs to new proj file format
3) redesign web project autobuild to not use project files

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Gary Nelson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone been able to do this?
>
> I gave it a try with a rather large project and it completely made a mess
> of the whole project.
>
> Any sugestions?
>
> Gary

Gary Nelson

Bruce,

Thanks for the guidelines, I'll give it a try.

Gary

news:(E-Mail Removed)...