Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Frames Question

Frames Question

ruca

Hi,

I have a Web Application that have 3 frames. Top, Contents and Main are the
3 frames presents in App.
My Top frame have only a image and a label, both represent application.
My Contents frame, basically is where i have menu items.
My Main frame is where the items choosen are displayed.

What I want to know, is if there is anyway to avoid that my clients (were I
have app installed) chenge the top frame with another page that is not mine.

How can I avois this??? Please send me some ideas and examples.

I already think in some solutions but not infallible, like for example in
each link that I have open the result in Main frame and my defined page in
Top frame.

Help please

--
Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
Thank's (if you try to help me)

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

There is no way to completely avoid this, but you can make it harder. One
method is to check the names of the pages in the frames and swap them via
JavaScript. Your client can edit the JavaScript, as well, however, so this
only makes it harder, not impossible.

If their method of change is embedding your page in their frame, you can
make sure your page is in the frame of the correct name and call your top
level page (Frameset) if not.

Both techniques above use JavaScript to have the client become your traffic
cop.

You can also move away from frames and set up the mandatory elements in a
"master page" type of set up. This will definitely make it harder.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments