Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > mozilla trouble

mozilla trouble

ALEXB

I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of that
I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found out
that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
support Firebox.

In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand the
following statement:

extern cHandle ShellExecute (cHandle, cstring, cstring, cstring, ;

cstring, CINT) shell32 from "ShellExecuteA"

won't work anymore. I do programming in dBASE Plus and address ShellExecuteA
as well as WritePrivateProfileString which is in there.

Before when I clicked on highlighted URLs in OE I could invoke a
corresponding webpage. It would just come up. Now this capability is gone.
The same is true if I touch highlighted text on webpage in Internet
Explorer.

While looking for newsgroups with Mozilla content I realized that this
software is Netscape related. Bad omen! If I knew it in advance I would have
never downloaded this garbage. I had trouble with Netscape years ago when I
downloaded (purchased) their navigator and everything else stopped working.
The malicious developers kill everything in your computer they can possibly
find useful. The company should have been taken to task by Elliot Spitzer
long ago.

I need help. How to restore my ability to address the module I mentioned
above? I am sure the ThunderBird or FireFox created my troubles.

Thanks

Nigel Stapley

ALEXB wrote:
> I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
> unsatisfactory.

<snip rest of rant>

After bad-mouthing the software so much, why do you think anyone here
will want to help?

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>

default

On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:29:01 -0400, "ALEXB" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
>unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
>convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of that
>I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found out
>that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
>support Firebox.
>

>In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand the
>following statement:
>

>extern cHandle ShellExecute (cHandle, cstring, cstring, cstring, ;
>
> cstring, CINT) shell32 from "ShellExecuteA"
>

>won't work anymore. I do programming in dBASE Plus and address ShellExecuteA
>as well as WritePrivateProfileString which is in there.
>

>Before when I clicked on highlighted URLs in OE I could invoke a
>corresponding webpage. It would just come up. Now this capability is gone.
>The same is true if I touch highlighted text on webpage in Internet
>Explorer.
>

>While looking for newsgroups with Mozilla content I realized that this
>software is Netscape related. Bad omen! If I knew it in advance I would have
>never downloaded this garbage. I had trouble with Netscape years ago when I
>downloaded (purchased) their navigator and everything else stopped working.
>The malicious developers kill everything in your computer they can possibly
>find useful. The company should have been taken to task by Elliot Spitzer
>long ago.
>

>I need help. How to restore my ability to address the module I mentioned
>above? I am sure the ThunderBird or FireFox created my troubles.
>

>Thanks

"I need help." true statement.

What OS, did you encounter problems with the install, did the
uninstall go smoothly, etc.. How exactly, did the Ameritrade
"technicians" help you?

What convinces you that FF caused the problems? You didn't like the
themes, or hotmail didn't work the way you expected?

I've been using Mozilla variant browsers for going on 13 years and
they are my only browsers FF, Moz, Net . . . far fewer problems with
malicious web sites, hijacks, Trojans etc.. I did get tired of the
hotmail warnings that the browser was unsuitable, so ditched hotmail
years ago.

ALEXB

"Nigel Stapley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:427e9972$0$13912$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ALEXB wrote:
>>

> Nigel Stapley
>
> www.judgemental.plus.com

You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I praised
it. Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has given to
me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
designed to create trouble for the users. Look at the number of posts here
with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this, breaks
down with that or breaks down something else.

People are victimized by the very unscrupulous. The download is free but
any troubleshooting is not--you have to shell off $40 for a telephone call.
You cannot reach them by email-- another auspicious sign. Only by sending
them a letter or by phone. In this era of electronic communications even
very rotten companies have live on-line chat rooms but not this one.

I think Elliot Spitzer is missing a great opportunity in here. I should send
him email tomorrow.

In the meantime I did regedit and found hundreds of instances of Mozilla
related keys. And it all after I "uninstalled" this crookest software. The
registers were infested with this crap.

My recommendation for uninitiated: STAY AWAY FROM MOZILLA--SUCKS.

ALEXB

"default" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What OS, did you encounter problems with the install, did the
> uninstall go smoothly, etc.. How exactly, did the Ameritrade
> "technicians" help you?
>
> What convinces you that FF caused the problems? You didn't like the
> themes, or hotmail didn't work the way you expected?
>
> I've been using Mozilla variant browsers for going on 13 years and
> they are my only browsers FF, Moz, Net . . . far fewer problems with
> malicious web sites, hijacks, Trojans etc.. I did get tired of the
> hotmail warnings that the browser was unsuitable, so ditched hotmail
> years ago.

OS is Win2K Pro. It is a brand new computer, top of the line.

Doug G

ALEXB wrote:
> "Nigel Stapley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:427e9972$0$13912$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ALEXB wrote:
>>>

>> Nigel Stapley
>>
>> www.judgemental.plus.com

> You are way too judgmental. Also I doubt you could help even if I praised
> it. Do you think I should have, given the amount of trouble it has given to
> me? Why shall I say anything good about this junk which I suspect is
> designed to create trouble for the users. Look at the number of posts here
> with basic, generic questions: the software does not run with this, breaks
> down with that or breaks down something else.
>
> People are victimized by the very unscrupulous. The download is free but
> any troubleshooting is not--you have to shell off $40 for a telephone call.
> You cannot reach them by email-- another auspicious sign. Only by sending
> them a letter or by phone. In this era of electronic communications even
> very rotten companies have live on-line chat rooms but not this one.
>
> I think Elliot Spitzer is missing a great opportunity in here. I should send
> him email tomorrow.
>
> In the meantime I did regedit and found hundreds of instances of Mozilla
> related keys. And it all after I "uninstalled" this crookest software. The
> registers were infested with this crap.
>
> My recommendation for uninitiated: STAY AWAY FROM MOZILLA--SUCKS.

Every version of Netscape and Mozilla I've used has worked fine for me.

If you expect companies that give away their software to provide free
tech support, you're living in a dream world.

Who the hell is Elliot Spitzer?

ALEXB

"Doug G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Who the hell is Elliot Spitzer?

Elliott Spitzer is the NY AG. He has made his name lately by going after
many corporate crooks, e.g AIG's among others. His name is on the pages of
every major business publication every single day.

Now answering your remark that a company offering "free software" have a
right to charge for troubleshooting of THEIR SOFTWARE is fine with me. I DO
NOT WANT to pay for fixing MY computer after their supposedly FREE software
screwed it up beyond recognition. While I had it on my computer it worked OK
but did not allow me to use my hotmail accounts and offered fewer options
than Internet Explorer and OE. Besides I did not like the look. I also did
not like the fact that it quickly became a dominant software controlling
everything else. If you are using just a browser 30 min a day and send
emails via their crappy thunderbird it will look perfect to you. I use many
more functions in my computer. I just want to get rid of it. It criminally
screwed my computer up beyond recognition and the public should know it.

James Atkinson

"ALEXB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
> unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not really
> convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of

that
> I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found

out
> that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do not
> support Firebox.
>

> In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand

the
> following statement:

while I find you are right to badmouth thunderbird, firefox is a very solid,
fast browser. you can continue to use OE with FF.

ALEXB

"James Atkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I9zfe.193979$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ALEXB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I downloaded Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird. I found them both
> > unsatisfactory. On the one hand the interface is irritating and not

really
> > convenient, on the other hand it does not recognize hotmail. On top of

> that
> > I had other issues and while working with Ameritrade technicians I found

> out
> > that Mozilla do not provide any support for them and they therefore do

not
> > support Firebox.
> >

> > In short, I uninstalled both. Numerous problems ensued. On the one hand

> the
> > following statement:
> >

> while I find you are right to badmouth thunderbird, firefox is a very

solid,
> fast browser. you can continue to use OE with FF.

Maybe. I am not denying that my contact with their software was rather
superficial but I do not give a damn. The looks irritated me. The IE is just
fine. I wanted to see what other people were fussing about that's why I
downloaded the darn thing.

I do have issues with OE, though. I would like it to have some features it
lacks. I wanted to see if those might be available in Thunderbird.

My point is that when a person wants to UNINSTALL this crap he should not
find themselves enslaved by those unscrupulous crooks who designed it with
the sole purpose of misleading the public. I did find plenty evidence to it.
The uninstall did not leave my computer registers the way they were supposed
to be left--like no Mozilla has ever touched them. Everything is crippled.
The same happened when years ago I downloaded their Netscape navigator,
apparently the grandfather of this junk. No wonder Microsoft's IE prevailed,
now they are trying to get into the market through the back door.

People should be weary of ever touching this stuff, as I said, unless you
use your hardware to send a few emails a day and that's it. In this case you
will be happy with anything.

Again, in none of my post have I said anything bad about the software in
specific terms except that I did not like the looks and it wanted to have
nothing to do with hotmail. That's weird in itself to the point of being
sickening. They still cannot get over their loss to MS. My problem is with
what they did to the registers. As I said Elliott Spitzer might be
interested in it. He just recently indicted a few software executives
prominent in spreading spyware. His main point was that it got in a way of
e-commerce. One of the points of indictment was that they offered "free"
software that had no uninstall features or worked to create impression that
uninstall was done but in fact it was not. Mozilla does exactly that: it
cripples e-commerce for any user who downloads it.

David Harrison

On 5/9/2005 12:35 AM, ALEXB said:

> OS is Win2K Pro. It is a brand new computer, top of the line.

Same here. Without the calamities. Though I find the assumption that "My
computer is new, shiny and expensive" equates to "the hardware is
perfect, and everything plays together nicely" is suspect. One doesn't
follow from the other. You're just improving the odds a little.

Have you looked to your antivirus/firewall combo, assuming they're
installed? Some -- notably McAffee -- can cause major system problems
without breaking into a sweat. Have you run spyware checks? One little
trojan can trash your system. However several dozen Mozilla installs
I've overseen have never caused a security problem.

David H