Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ISAPI Filter in C# .NET 2.0

ISAPI Filter in C# .NET 2.0

Yet another C# coder

Hi,

Does anyone know if in the next version of asp.net / C# (2.0)
Would be possible to write an ISAPI Filter in C#?

Thanx.

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

AFAIK, no. But, you can get the same functionality as an ISAPI filter by
using HttpModules and HttpHandlers, so I am not sure I see the need. What, in
particular, are you aiming at doing with an ISAPI filter that you cannot do
with built in .NET functionality?

A few links:
http://aspalliance.com/726 - shows how to embed resources to avoid handlers

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/...5-3fa0f4742032 - sample project with a handler

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030522.htm - aimed at 1.1, but you can use
this to get an idea of how a module is created

http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2473.aspx - note this gotcha if you drop
the code in your project app_code folder

http://weblogs.asp.net/ShankuN/archi...16/215487.aspx - image
generator handler example

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

"Yet another C# coder" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if in the next version of asp.net / C# (2.0)
> Would be possible to write an ISAPI Filter in C#?
>
> Thanx.

Karl Seguin

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this is more a feature of IIS than .Net.
There's talk about this for IIS 7.0, but everything's in early beta so it's
hard to tell.

You might want to check out:
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/arc...ory/10432.aspx

for some details though.

karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/
"Yet another C# coder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if in the next version of asp.net / C# (2.0)
> Would be possible to write an ISAPI Filter in C#?
>
> Thanx.

Siva M

No.

"Yet another C# coder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,

Does anyone know if in the next version of asp.net / C# (2.0)
Would be possible to write an ISAPI Filter in C#?

Thanx.

Bruce Barker

native support of .net filters will be supported in IIS 7.0, which is still
some time away, as it requires the next version of the O/S (no 2003
support).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)