Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > help me to split the display of the contents of an ASP page into 2 pages by having the continuation

help me to split the display of the contents of an ASP page into 2 pages by having the continuation

aarthy kumar

Hi,

I have a problem in the display of the ASP screen actually i am
retrieving and displaying the data from a database when the view button
is hit.The contents for display is so long so i want to have a previous,
next link on that page so that some 100 records are displayed in each
page.Pls help me.

Thanks,

Aarthy

Grant Merwitz

You can use the Datagrid's built in paging.
Here's an example from gotdotnet:
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...datagrid10.src

If you don't use a datagrid, you'll have to built a custom paging solution
where by your sql queries return sets of 100 from the database

HTH

"aarthy kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem in the display of the ASP screen actually i am
> retrieving and displaying the data from a database when the view button
> is hit.The contents for display is so long so i want to have a previous,
> next link on that page so that some 100 records are displayed in each
> page.Pls help me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aarthy

Siva M

Hello,

If it is for classic ASP, check this one out:
http://www.asp101.com/samples/db_paging.asp

If are talking about ASP.NET, then use the datagrid server-side control. It
has properties/events to support paging.

"aarthy kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Hi,

I have a problem in the display of the ASP screen actually i am
retrieving and displaying the data from a database when the view button
is hit.The contents for display is so long so i want to have a previous,
next link on that page so that some 100 records are displayed in each
page.Pls help me.

Thanks,

Aarthy

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

With ASP.NET, you can do this by activating paging. Some links:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/PagingLarge.asp

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA