Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Norton Security in FireFox

Norton Security in FireFox

Adam S

I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
into IE,

My question:

Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the corner
about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this with FF,
does this mean Norton is not protecting me?

Thanks Adam

Big Will

Adam S wrote:
> I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
> into IE,
>
> My question:
>
> Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
> with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the corner
> about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this with FF,
> does this mean Norton is not protecting me?
>
> Thanks Adam

Is Norton's addblock feature working in FF? If not, then no, it's not
working. If it is, then all the better. However, IMO, FF will provide
you with much better web-browsing protection then Norton trying to plug
the security holes in IE.

Regards

Will

Adam S

Big Will wrote:
> Adam S wrote:
>
>> I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
>> into IE,
>>
>> My question:
>>
>> Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
>> with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the
>> corner about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this
>> with FF, does this mean Norton is not protecting me?
>>
>> Thanks Adam

> Is Norton's addblock feature working in FF? If not, then no, it's not
> working. If it is, then all the better. However, IMO, FF will provide
> you with much better web-browsing protection then Norton trying to plug
> the security holes in IE.
>
> Regards
>
> Will

Cheers Will,

Ads are blocked in FF, so does that mean I am ok? When abouts will the
update for FF be availalbe?

John Thompson

On 2005-05-05, Adam S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
> into IE,
>
> My question:
>
> Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
> with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the corner
> about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this with FF,
> does this mean Norton is not protecting me?

No, but FireFox is. FireFox does not allow the kind of exploits that
plague IE, so there's not much for Norton to do even if it were working.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Big Will

Adam S wrote:
> Big Will wrote:
>
>> Adam S wrote:
>>
>>> I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
>>> into IE,
>>>
>>> My question:
>>>
>>> Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
>>> with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the
>>> corner about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this
>>> with FF, does this mean Norton is not protecting me?
>>>
>>> Thanks Adam

>> Is Norton's addblock feature working in FF? If not, then no, it's not
>> working. If it is, then all the better. However, IMO, FF will
>> provide you with much better web-browsing protection then Norton
>> trying to plug the security holes in IE.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Will

> Cheers Will,
>
> Ads are blocked in FF, so does that mean I am ok? When abouts will the
> update for FF be availalbe?

If it appears that at least the add-block part of the web content
filtering works, than I'd hazard a guess to say that the rest of
webcontent filtering works with FF. However, the reason why you
wouldn't see so many alerts (if it were working) is because FF is just
way more secure.

Regards,

Will