Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj is not installed.

The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj is not installed.

1idMonk

Just installed Windows XP Professional Upgrade on my Inspiron 9300 notebook.

I had Windows XP Home Edition prior to the upgrade.

Visual Basic .NET 2003 is installed and many projects are already created.

I want to building interactive Web Applications now that I have XP
Professional .

I've installed IIS and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions.

However, in trying to build an ASP.Net web application I'm getting:

"The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj is not
installed.

Make sure the application for the project type (.vbproj) is installed."

Further, I've found that I'm getting the same message for the projects I
completed before the upgrade when I now try to load them. None of the old
VB.NET 2003 projects will load.

Can anyone shed any light on this??

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=

Can you launch VB.Net and do a NEW Web Proj?
Also, was VS installed before or after IIS, it makes a diff.
Also, and I never did just a VB.net install so I may be off, but when you
installed VB.Net did it list application types to install? (and was ASP.NET
one of them?)

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

"1idMonk" wrote:

> Just installed Windows XP Professional Upgrade on my Inspiron 9300 notebook.
>
> I had Windows XP Home Edition prior to the upgrade.
>
> Visual Basic .NET 2003 is installed and many projects are already created.
>
> I want to building interactive Web Applications now that I have XP
> Professional .
>
> I've installed IIS and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions.
>
> However, in trying to build an ASP.Net web application I'm getting:
>
> "The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj is not
> installed.
>
> Make sure the application for the project type (.vbproj) is installed."
>
> Further, I've found that I'm getting the same message for the projects I
> completed before the upgrade when I now try to load them. None of the old
> VB.NET 2003 projects will load.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this??

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=

i had the exact same problem. how do i install vb.net, is that a part of
the asp.net. For me, the difference is i installed visual studio web edition
express "trial"