Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Must click 2-3 times for URLs or boomarks to open

Must click 2-3 times for URLs or boomarks to open

KT@MOOOSE.NOT

This started happening about a week ago, I've added a number of
programs since the problem started, so I'm not sure which if any is
causing this.

The problem is when I click on a bookmark or URL, Firefox tells me that
it cannot find the site. After 2-3 clicks on the bookmark or URL, it
finally opens the site. This does not seem to be happening with IE,
though.

Any ideas what is causing this? As I said, this just started up about a
week ago.

I'm using XP on a Pent 4.

Doug G

> This started happening about a week ago, I've added a number of
> programs since the problem started, so I'm not sure which if any is
> causing this.
>
> The problem is when I click on a bookmark or URL, Firefox tells me that
> it cannot find the site. After 2-3 clicks on the bookmark or URL, it
> finally opens the site. This does not seem to be happening with IE,
> though.
>
> Any ideas what is causing this? As I said, this just started up about a
> week ago.
>
> I'm using XP on a Pent 4.

Is "Direct connection to the internet" check marked in Firefox's Tools >
Options > General > Connection Settings?

KT@MOOOSE.NOT

On Thu, 05 May 2005 07:43:14 -0500, Doug G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> This started happening about a week ago, I've added a number of
>> programs since the problem started, so I'm not sure which if any is
>> causing this.
>>
>> The problem is when I click on a bookmark or URL, Firefox tells me that
>> it cannot find the site. After 2-3 clicks on the bookmark or URL, it
>> finally opens the site. This does not seem to be happening with IE,
>> though.
>>
>> Any ideas what is causing this? As I said, this just started up about a
>> week ago.
>>
>> I'm using XP on a Pent 4.

>Is "Direct connection to the internet" check marked in Firefox's Tools >
>Options > General > Connection Settings?

I reinstalled Firefox. Everything is now fine.

That box was checked.

Thanks for answering.