Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Cache clearing deletes saved form info and history. Anyway not to have this happen?

Cache clearing deletes saved form info and history. Anyway not to have this happen?

Jim

When I cleared the cache in firefox, prior to defragging my disk, it
also cleared all saved form information and the history. even though
there are separate options to do this. Is there any way to just clear
the cache'd info not including saved form information (especially) and
possibly the history (less important, but helps to have the
autocomplete info when typing URL's).

TIA, Jim

Jim

Worse yet, all saved passwords were cleared!!

On Wed, 04 May 2005 15:08:32 -0500, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I cleared the cache in firefox, prior to defragging my disk, it
>also cleared all saved form information and the history. even though
>there are separate options to do this. Is there any way to just clear
>the cache'd info not including saved form information (especially) and
>possibly the history (less important, but helps to have the
>autocomplete info when typing URL's).
>
>TIA, Jim

Big Will

Jim wrote:
> Worse yet, all saved passwords were cleared!!
>
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 15:08:32 -0500, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>When I cleared the cache in firefox, prior to defragging my disk, it
>>also cleared all saved form information and the history. even though
>>there are separate options to do this. Is there any way to just clear
>>the cache'd info not including saved form information (especially) and
>>possibly the history (less important, but helps to have the
>>autocomplete info when typing URL's).
>>
>>TIA, Jim

tools\options\privacy\clear chache (not clear all).

Regards,

Will

Jim

Well, I guess somehow I must have done clear all if there's no
possibility that clear (cache) did this.

Jim

On Wed, 04 May 2005 18:42:35 -0700, Big Will
<ALL_YOUR_BASE@ARE_BELONG_TO_US> wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>> Worse yet, all saved passwords were cleared!!
>>
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 15:08:32 -0500, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>When I cleared the cache in firefox, prior to defragging my disk, it
>>>also cleared all saved form information and the history. even though
>>>there are separate options to do this. Is there any way to just clear
>>>the cache'd info not including saved form information (especially) and
>>>possibly the history (less important, but helps to have the
>>>autocomplete info when typing URL's).
>>>
>>>TIA, Jim

>tools\options\privacy\clear chache (not clear all).
>
>Regards,
>
>Will

Big Will

You may have. If you still doubt it, then you could try storing a
password and seeing if clearing cache deleted it, but it shoudln't have
(it doesn't here).

Regards,

Will