Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > xmlDocument.Save "
" getting changed changed to "&#10"

xmlDocument.Save "
" getting changed changed to "&#10"

st@jpa.co.jp

Hi,

I'm using xmlDocument.Save(xmlTextWriter) to create an Excel-readable
file. All works well, except where I've replaced the carriage return
chars in the .innertext to XML-compliant "&#10"; It gets changed to
"&#10" and doesn't render new lines in the Excel sheet.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Simon Lane

Rosanne

The XML reader can't handle ampersands. Before you save it somewher
you have to replace the ampersand characters:

replace (strMyString, "&", "&").

Then when you are reading it back out - to display on the screen o
whatever you need to put the ampersand character back so it'
viewable:

replace (strMyString, "&", "&").

If the XML reader comes across an ampersand character it just stops.

Hope this helps

--
Rosann
Rosanne's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m28