Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Asp.Net Calender, how to display 5 lines if there are only 5 lines in one month?

Asp.Net Calender, how to display 5 lines if there are only 5 lines in one month?

Jack

To whom may concern:

In Asp.Net Calender control, how to display 5 lines if there are only 5
lines in one month? Now there are 6 lines even that I don't show the
data in other months.

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Juan T. Llibre

All months which begin on a Friday or a Saturday
need to display 6 lines, because there's 4 complete
weeks and 2 partial weeks in them.

To display a calendar so that the months which *can* display in
5 lines (the months which start on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed or Thu)
do display in 5 lines, set the ForeColor and BackColor properties
for the "OtherMonthDay Style" to white.

<asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server" OtherMonthDayStyle-BackColor="White"
OtherMonthDayStyle-ForeColor="White"></asp:Calendar>

If you have set the Calendar's BackColor to any other color
but white, set the "OtherMonthDay Style" to whatever BackColor
you set the Calendar's BackColor to.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> In Asp.Net Calender control, how to display 5 lines if there are only 5
> lines in one month? Now there are 6 lines even that I don't show the
> data in other months.

Jack

Hi, Juan:

It works if I set ShowGridLines = False, but not if ShowGridLines =
True.

Juan T. Llibre

Hmmm...that's odd but, if that what it takes, fine.

See the calendar at :

http://asp.net.do/calendario/Calendario.aspx

It's created with only :

<asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server" OtherMonthDayStyle-BackColor="White"
OtherMonthDayStyle-ForeColor="White"></asp:Calendar>

I didn't set ShowGridLines = False ... but it works.

In any case, I'm glad it's working, Jack.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi, Juan:
>
> It works if I set ShowGridLines = False,
> but not if ShowGridLines = True.

Jack

Yes, I know your solution, but my customer need GridLine.

Juan T. Llibre

I guess you'll have to write a Calendar of your own, then.

Why would your customer require gridlines ?

Talk your customer out of that.
It's not like gridlines are very functional, anyway.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Yes, I know your solution, but my customer need GridLine.

Jack

, in fact, I think Calender with GridLine is more beautiful than the
one without GridLine.

Juan T. Llibre

But not if it displays unneeded lines, right ?

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> , in fact, I think Calender with GridLine is more beautiful than the
> one without GridLine.

Jack

Yes, that's true, but that's why I post here.
If you can tell me how to custom Calendar, that's better.

Jack

Which method or event in Calendar shall I override?