Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Compile ASP.NET project!

Compile ASP.NET project!

Adam Knight

Hi all,

I am wanting to compile an asp.net project that i have create using ASP.NET
Web Matrix!!!!

The project consists of a number of files, and though i am familiar with
compiling individual vb files,
I am not sure about compiling a group of files into the one assemmbly!!!

Once the project is compiled, i will i need to remove the page Src
attributes from all aspx files
and import from the assemmbly instead???

I would appreciate some insight, on how to go about this!!

Cheers,
Adam

Patrick.O.Ige

Adam so you are on the right track and how is QLD today?
To use webmatrix you need to specify it as page SRC and whe suing VS.NET
use codebehind
For compilation follow these samples at:-
http://authors.aspalliance.com/aldot...lerbasics.aspx
Hope that helps
Patrick

"Adam Knight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I am wanting to compile an asp.net project that i have create using

ASP.NET
> Web Matrix!!!!
>
> The project consists of a number of files, and though i am familiar with
> compiling individual vb files,
> I am not sure about compiling a group of files into the one assemmbly!!!
>
> Once the project is compiled, i will i need to remove the page Src
> attributes from all aspx files
> and import from the assemmbly instead???
>
> I would appreciate some insight, on how to go about this!!
>
> Cheers,
> Adam

Jon Paal

To compile a class file, you must use the command-line compiler, which isnít as hard as it sounds. To compile a VB file into a DLL,
you just use the appropriate compiler command, adding references as needed:

vbc /t:library /out:FileName.dll *.vb /r:System.data.dll /r:system.dll

For more information google :

compile asp.net webMatrix

Preachers also once said the world was flat,
and those who disagreed were condemned and punished by the church