Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > More Questions about Tabs

More Questions about Tabs

Robert

OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3 set to
open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then, whenever I open
another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the place of the site that I
opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)

Like if I have my bank's site open (one of my 3 that open upon start) and then
open another bookmark, it will overwrite (good term?) the bank's place in the
little bar. If I go to another of the 3 sites that open automatically, the
next new site will open over that site in the bar. I can never have more than
3 tabs open at a time. Any new site opened will replace the address/tab of the
tab that it is opened in. Always just 3 are open at any time.

I have gone to the tools > options and played around there but none of the
options available seem to fix this. I also tried going to about:config and
changed a few things there back and forth but I have never gotten any more
than 3 tabs to remain open at a time.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

Robert

Hendrik Maryns

Robert uitte de volgende tekst op 4/05/2005 0:57:
> OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3 set to
> open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then, whenever I open
> another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the place of the site that I
> opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)
>
> Like if I have my bank's site open (one of my 3 that open upon start) and then
> open another bookmark, it will overwrite (good term?) the bank's place in the
> little bar. If I go to another of the 3 sites that open automatically, the
> next new site will open over that site in the bar. I can never have more than
> 3 tabs open at a time. Any new site opened will replace the address/tab of the
> tab that it is opened in. Always just 3 are open at any time.
>
> I have gone to the tools > options and played around there but none of the
> options available seem to fix this. I also tried going to about:config and
> changed a few things there back and forth but I have never gotten any more
> than 3 tabs to remain open at a time.
>
> What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

Ctrl + click on a link or just Ctrl + T

HTH, H.

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

RogerB

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Robert uitte de volgende tekst op 4/05/2005 0:57:
>
>> OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3
>> set to open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then,
>> whenever I open another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the
>> place of the site that I opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)
>>
>> Like if I have my bank's site open (one of my 3 that open upon start)
>> and then open another bookmark, it will overwrite (good term?) the
>> bank's place in the little bar. If I go to another of the 3 sites that
>> open automatically, the next new site will open over that site in the
>> bar. I can never have more than 3 tabs open at a time. Any new site
>> opened will replace the address/tab of the tab that it is opened in.
>> Always just 3 are open at any time.
>>
>> I have gone to the tools > options and played around there but none of
>> the options available seem to fix this. I also tried going to
>> about:config and changed a few things there back and forth but I have
>> never gotten any more than 3 tabs to remain open at a time.
>>
>> What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any and all help.

> Ctrl + click on a link or just Ctrl + T
>
> HTH, H.

If you have a wheel mouse depress/click it while on a link and the new
site will open in a new tab.
RogerB

Robert wrote:
> OK, so how do I make Firefox open more tabs in the tab bar? I have 3 set to
> open as my homepage. (Got that here a while back...) Then, whenever I open
> another bookmark or whatever, that site takes the place of the site that I
> opened the new tab in. (Make sense?)

I put the New Tab icon in my toolbar.

Right click in the toolbar > Customize, drag the New Tab icon to the
toolbar whwre you want it. Then you can click on that for a new tab (or
use CTRL + T)