Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Deployment of Microsoft Office Xp Primary Interop Assembly

Deployment of Microsoft Office Xp Primary Interop Assembly

kunallalwani@gmail.com

Hi friends,
I had a functional requirement of my project to get the text content of
any Microsoft Office (xp) related file and show it to the user. I
downloaded the Office Xp Primary Interop Assemblies from the microsoft
site. I use Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003 for development including
..NET Framework 1.1. The application runs perfectly at the developers
end. Now i need to deploy this application at the customer's box,so i
made a deployment project which had installed all the assemblies in the
Global Assembly Cache and it also made entries in the registry ,now the
problem is that if the customer's box has not installed Office xp then
the project shows me a message that CLSID(0000..} is not registered or
valid. I checked lots of forums, and websites they pointed it out as a
bug. Please help me ...

Thanks in adavance
Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
Software Developer
Fahm Softwares
India

Bruce Barker

you also need to install office xp on the web server - the interops need
something to call.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...