Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to restrict ASP.NET to specific processors in a multiprocessor system

How to restrict ASP.NET to specific processors in a multiprocessor system

bonse

According to reference
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;815156 , I added
<processModel enable="true" webGarden="true" cpuMask="8" /> on web.config,
restart iis service, the w3wp.exe process always use all cpu. The iis server
is windows 2003 iis6, how can i restrict ASP.NET to specific processors in a
multiprocessor system?

Juan T. Llibre

If the WebGarden property is set to false, the CpuMask
attribute is ignored and only one worker process runs :

<processModel enable="true" webGarden="false" />

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"bonse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> According to reference http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;815156 ,
> I added <processModel enable="true" webGarden="true" cpuMask="8" /> on web.config,
> restart iis service, the w3wp.exe process always use all cpu. The iis server is windows
> 2003 iis6, how can i restrict ASP.NET to specific processors in a multiprocessor system?

Damien

bonse wrote:
> According to reference
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;815156 , I added
> <processModel enable="true" webGarden="true" cpuMask="8" /> on web.config,
> restart iis service, the w3wp.exe process always use all cpu. The iis server
> is windows 2003 iis6, how can i restrict ASP.NET to specific processors in a
> multiprocessor system?

in machine.config, it states the processModel is ignored in it and the
settings are taken from IIS. Don't know if the same is true in
web.config? I've taken a quick look through the IIS Manager, but cannot
see anywhere to set processor afinity (but you can throttle total CPU
usage)

Damien

Juan T. Llibre

rer:
> I've taken a quick look through the IIS Manager,
> but cannot see anywhere to set processor afinity

If you're using IIS 6, right-click "Application Pools" in the IIS Manager.
Select "Properties", and then the "Performance" tab.

There, you can set the number of processors enabled in a webGarden.

But, as mentioned, simply setting webGarden to "false"
in machine.config will do that for you at the machine level.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...