Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Misc questions for new user

Misc questions for new user

Mousetater

I'd like to type an address in and it open in a NEW tab. How do I make that
happen? I have "open in new window" checked in advance options.
Using the Google built in bar, is there a way to HIGHLIGHT on a page the
words you'd like??
TIA
Mark

ACT

Mousetater wrote:
> I'd like to type an address in and it open in a NEW tab. How do I make that
> happen? I have "open in new window" checked in advance options.

There may well be a way to do that but I don't know how. What you could
do is open a new tab first by pressing [ctrl] + [t], then type in your
address.

--
Chris

Big Will

Mousetater wrote:
> I'd like to type an address in and it open in a NEW tab. How do I make that
> happen? I have "open in new window" checked in advance options.
> Using the Google built in bar, is there a way to HIGHLIGHT on a page the
> words you'd like??
> TIA
> Mark

in the url, go to about:config and set browser.tabs.opentabfor.urlbar to
true. Alternatively, you could look for an extension called TabMix.
It'll also do the job when configured correctly, and has some other goodies.

Regards,

Will

MLC

_Mousetater_, martedý 03/mag/2005:

> I'd like to type an address in and it open in a NEW tab. How do I make that
> happen? I have "open in new window" checked in advance options.

If you want that it opens always in a new tab, do as Big Will suggested in
the other post. Otherwise, press Alt-Enter instead of Enter.
--
Maria Luisa C - 04/05/2005 16.56.32