Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Securing non aspx pages with forms authentication??

Securing non aspx pages with forms authentication??

joebickley@gmail.com

Hi

I have set up forms authentication to secure parts of a site. This
works for any requests of .aspx pages but the .doc files etc ignore it
altogether.

Is there a way i can stop this or an alternative? Were not in an active
directory environment so i cant use windows authentication it has to
look up via LDAP or a database.

Thanks

Joe

joebickley@gmail.com

I think i found an answer from another post. It involved pointing all
of the extensions i want to protect to the aspnet_isapi.dll in IIS.

I tried it and it works but can it be done is a more efficient way? ie
so i dont have to keep adding new ones in!!

Joe

Scott Allen

You can do a wildcard mapping and send * to the aspnet_isapi.dll.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/