Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Word Wrap

Word Wrap

DBj

I cant get thunderbird to wordwrap ... when I type a msg, it just keeps
going on and on?
Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Dan

DBj wrote:
> I cant get thunderbird to wordwrap ... when I type a msg, it just keeps
> going on and on?
> Any suggestions?

Tools > Options > Composition > Composing Messages > Wrap plain text
messages at __ columns.

Dan Bjarnason

sorry ... but that doesnt seem to do it. i cant figure out what to do next.
thanks though

"Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:6Ytce.26623$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DBj wrote:
>> I cant get thunderbird to wordwrap ... when I type a msg, it just keeps
>> going on and on?
>> Any suggestions?

> Tools > Options > Composition > Composing Messages > Wrap plain text
> messages at __ columns.

Ranjit

Dan Bjarnason wrote:
> sorry ... but that doesnt seem to do it. i cant figure out what to do next.
> thanks though
>
> "Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:6Ytce.26623$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>DBj wrote:
>>
>>>I cant get thunderbird to wordwrap ... when I type a msg, it just keeps
>>>going on and on?
>>>Any suggestions?

>>Tools > Options > Composition > Composing Messages > Wrap plain text
>>messages at __ columns.

Are you writing your messages in HTML?
I think the word warp only works for text messages. If you try ot write
messages in HTML format, then the word wrap doesn't kick in (atleast
that's what happened when I tried it out).

Moz Champion

Ranjit wrote:
> Dan Bjarnason wrote:
>
>> sorry ... but that doesnt seem to do it. i cant figure out what to do
>> next.
>> thanks though

>>> Tools > Options > Composition > Composing Messages > Wrap plain text
>>> messages at __ columns.

> Are you writing your messages in HTML?
> I think the word warp only works for text messages. If you try ot write
> messages in HTML format, then the word wrap doesn't kick in (atleast
> that's what happened when I tried it out).

Mozilla and Thunderbird send in Format=Flowed

this allows the RECEIVING program to 'wrap' the text at window width,
rather than an arbritrary point determined by the sender

You can turn it off, but why?