Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > can't run firefox from work and home simultaneously

can't run firefox from work and home simultaneously

wayne

I run Linux at home and at work. When I'm at home, I like to be able
to ssh to work and have the firefox window appear on my home machine.
That works fine, but then I cannot launch a local instance of firefox.
When I try, my work computer launches firefox instead.

I had the same problem with mozilla at one point. With their latest
releases though, I was able to have mozilla run from my work and home
computers simultaneously.

This bugs the hell out of me. Does anyone know how I can use firefox
the way I need?

Thanks,

-- Wayne L.

p.s. I tried to launch firefox from work after starting it from home
and I got the following before it crashed:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 20 (X_GetProperty)
Resource id in failed request: 0x613027
Serial number of failed request: 824