Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cant Connect to IIS [WebForm1.aspx] Over Internet

Cant Connect to IIS [WebForm1.aspx] Over Internet

tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com

My WebForm1.aspx works fine when I connect via localhost, AND when I
connect using the IP address. HOWEVER, NO ONE ELSE can connect using
my IP address. Capitalization is correct, Firewall is off, and still
everyone just times out.

Help is greatly appreciated, 'specially since I've been working on
this site for over 24 hours straight

Thanks

needin4mation@gmail.com

Can they connect to anything on your webserver? This is your
development machine right?

rviray

what is the IP address that people should hit...can you post it? Also
it's not a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x address is it

--
rvira
rviray's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=421

Bruce Barker

you loacl ip is probably not your internet ip, which is usually nat'd. you
need to check with your isp on what is required to connect to your machine
from the internet.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On 3 Oct 2005 09:56:03 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Can they connect to anything on your webserver? This is your
>development machine right?

Cant connect to anything, and yes it is my development machine.

tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:57:43 -0500, rviray
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>what is the IP address that people should hit...can you post it? Also,
>it's not a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x address is it?

I'd rather not post it at the moment, particularly since no one can
hit it anyway. It's a typical 66.176... comcast IP. Any ideas ?

Thnx

tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com

Turns out the ISP is blocking port 80. There's shock ...