Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > weblinks IE

weblinks IE

Gingerpose

Bizarrely, when I clock on a link when reading newsgroups in
Thunderbird, it's I.E. which starts up, not Firefox. How can I fix this?
Cheers

Lisa Hetherington

I have the same question if I'm using MSN Messenger and click on the
accompanying Hotmail link, IE opens. Can it be changed?

....Lisa
"Gingerpose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d4m0co$392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bizarrely, when I clock on a link when reading newsgroups in Thunderbird,
> it's I.E. which starts up, not Firefox. How can I fix this?
> Cheers

Ranjit

Lisa Hetherington wrote:
> I have the same question if I'm using MSN Messenger and click on the
> accompanying Hotmail link, IE opens. Can it be changed?
>
> ...Lisa

Not sure, but I guess MSN explicitly opens IE instead of the *deafult
browser*. Hence even if you set a non-IE browser as deafault, MSN opens
all the links in IE.

> "Gingerpose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d4m0co$392$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Bizarrely, when I clock on a link when reading newsgroups in Thunderbird,
>>it's I.E. which starts up, not Firefox. How can I fix this?

I think this had happened to me once. Here is what I did.
Open IE and make it as default browser. Close IE.
Open Firefox again, it will ask to be made default browser (if not set
it in options).
Now try clicking the links in the NGs.

HTH.