Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help me in Specifying Connection string to SQL server 2000 running on remote machine

Help me in Specifying Connection string to SQL server 2000 running on remote machine

vighnesh

Hi All

I am dealing a project in ASP.NET in which I have to establish a connection
to SQL Server 2000 database,where the database was located on a remote
system.
For this I have used SQLConnection object and specified the connetion
string.But when it comes to establish a connection its giving me the Error
that

I. Connection string : workstation id=localhost;packet size=4096;user
id=sa;data source=192.168.0.106;persist security info=False;initial
catalog=db

Error : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'sa'.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

then I have inserted one new attribute 'Network = dbmssocn' and modified
the connection string as below

II. Connection string : workstation id=localhost;packet size=4096;user
id=sa;data source=192.168.0.106;Network=DBMSSOCN;persist security
info=False; initial catalog=db

then I got the below Error when try to establish a connection.

Error : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or
access denied

Note:

1. Here the client machine has VS.NET and IIS installed on it and the SQL
Server 2000 is running on a remote machine but both are in the same
"Workgroup network".

2.The authentication mode of the SQL Server 2000 is Mixed Authentivation(SQL
Server and Windows)

3.Firewall is also enabled on the remote machine where the SQL Server 2000
is ruuning,

4.Both Client and Server running on Windows Xp OS with SP2 installed.

Hence,I am requesting you people to help in specifying the correct
connection string(I mean where I have done the mistake)so that I can
establish a connection.

5.One more issue is that its working fine when as desktop application(i.e, I
am able to extablish connection from a desktop application done in
VB.NET,but wasn't working in web application.)Please let me know my
mistake...........as I have gone through so many forums and didn't find
solution for this.

Thanks in advance
Vighneswar

Landley